ST NARSAI COLLEGE ENROLMENT APPLICATION PROCESS
ANY DAY IS YOUR OPEN DAY @ST NARSAI
Parents are welcome to book a private tour of the College before or after lodging an enrolment application.
At St Narsai, we invite you to tour our College during a normal school day to experience life at our College as our students do. At St Narsai, any day is your open day.
St Narsai Assyrian Christian College begins the enrolment process two years in advance and is open to all in the community. Below outlines the steps involved in our enrolment process.
Parents submit an Enrolment Application along with required documentation:
- Birth Certificate
- Baptismal Certificate
- Immunisation Certificate
- 2 x Passport Photos
- Latest school report from last school student attended (if applicable)
- Year 5 NAPLAN report (when enrolling in Year 7 )
- Citizenship/Visa Documentation (if applicable)
- Relevant Family Court Orders (if applicable)
- Relevant medical and/or special needs information including clinical assessments (where applicable)
- a non-refundable Application Fee (currently $50), to place their child on the ‘Wait List’ for their requested year.
- WAIT LIST:
Those registered are sorted according to date of application.
Priority for enrolment is given to the following:
- Siblings of students presently enrolled in any Assyrian school
- Children from families affiliated with the Assyrian Church of the East
- Children from families affiliated with other Assyrian Churches.
- Children from Christian families.
- Children from non-Christian families.
Two years prior to commencement, interviews with Principal and other Enrolment Interview Panel members are held according to our priority list and number of places on offer for that year.
- SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS:
A letter will be sent to every applicant informing them of the outcome of their application. Successful applicants will receive further information as the year progresses and when necessary. Enrolment decision made by Principal is final and no discussion will be entered into. Please note: successful applications need to be committed to paying the school fees for the first term at the start of the term unless notice is given to withdraw enrolment one term in advance.
All students enrolled to commence in Year 7 will be invited to attend set Transition Days (also known as orientation days) in the year prior to commencement. All other new students will have the opportunity to meet staff and peers on the day school commences for their year group.
Enrolments of Children with Special Needs
Parents applying for enrolment are strongly advised to provide full disclosure of any learning difficulties that their child may exhibit, including physical and intellectual disabilities. This is important for us to know so that we may be able to implement special support programs to assist your child. If the school cannot cater for the needs of your child we may be able to advise you and provide you with better options.