** Esafety Commission Webinars for Parents and Carers**
These live webinars explore the latest research and expert advice for using technology safely. They are a great way to learn how you can help your child develop the skills to be safer online. Further dates will be available in July 2021 – click the link for details.
**Important information regarding Online Safety**
Dear Parents and Carers, With most students now completing online lessons via the College’s At-Home Learning program, it is important for all parents and carers to click the link and read through this information for the safety of their children and devices: https://www.esafety.gov.au/about-us/blog/covid-19-online-safety-kit-parents-and-carers
COVID-19: College Status update as of 14 October 2021
NSW Public Health advice – Update 14 October 2021
As announced by the NSW Premier and pending changes to the Public Health Order and any guidelines applicable to the LGA in which the school is located the new schedule will be:
Stage 1 on 18th October 2021: Kindergarten, Year 1, and Year 12,
Stage 2 on 25th October 2021: All other year groups.
Schools that are phasing back from the 18th of October will be under Level 3 plus guidelines.
During this time, our students will continue to learn online through our At-Home Learning program until their scheduled return date.
HSC exams are scheduled to commence on Tuesday 9th November 2021 with COVID-safe plans in place.
Our staff will continue to work with their students remotely every day, delivering quality and engaging lessons and learning activities through our At Home Learning Program.
Accordingly, we are taking appropriate steps to respond to the emerging pandemic related challenges, with a constant focus on the health and safety of our college community and student learning.
Below are key summary points to keep you up to date with what is happening at the College to ensure safety for all in the College community as students begin to return to face-to-face learning.
- Anyone attending the school site during this time is required to check-in and out with the NSW Service QR code and College sign-in procedures. However, as a general reminder, parents and carers are not permitted on site at this current time.
- During pickup/drop off times, parents are to remain in their cars at all times.
- Until further advice is given, no face-to-face interviews or meetings will be held on-site at this stage. All scheduled interviews or meetings will be conducted via phone conferencing to ensure the safety of all involved.
- All adults, including staff, and students in Year 7 or above must wear masks throughout their time on the school site and maintain physical distance from all other adults.
- If a child is unwell or suffering any flu like symptoms, they should remain at home until they return a negative COVID-19 test. If anyone in the household has tested positive to COVID, the student is not permitted to attend school until the isolation period for the household has concluded and a negative COVID test result has been received. Please contact office staff if this is the case.
- Staff, parents and students who have visited known exposure venues are not permitted to attend school and must follow NSW Health advice to mitigate risks to members of the school community and only return to school once he/she are cleared to do.
For the latest COVID-19 case locations and alerts please visit https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Pages/case-locations-and-alerts.aspx
For information regarding the restrictions on Greater Sydney please visit https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules/greater-sydney
- Please note that St Narsai College may make changes to our approach as we receive more advice from relevant agencies. Therefore, decisions and actions will be made in line with the latest advice from the Government and we will keep the community informed.
- St Narsai College is adhering to all precautions and directives given by the government in ensuring the safety of the College community.
For further information please refer to the latest correspondence sent to parents via SMS and email. Please do not hesitate in contacting the College on 8818 1300 if you have any questions.
Latest communication with parents
All of our parents and carers are being kept up to date via emails or SMS texts sent by the College. We ask all of our parents and carers to update their contact details to ensure all messages are received.
The College may at times also post important information to the college community through their social media pages;
College YouTube Channel: youtube.com/channel/UCnMUAUa84OHEqe9zYSohU7A/videos